In past weeks some customers’ NVRs’ config files were revised remotely, causing the NVRs staying at logo page without entering the OS. This only happens to NVRs meet below 3 points:
- The NVR was produced before 2017, with firmware version earlier than 22.214.171.124.
- In user’s router setting, UPNP was enabled and users have completed port forwarding setting, which is actually needed only for old DVRs.
- User did not set an NVR admin password or the admin password is too simple.
Any customer whose NVR does not meet all the 3 conditions shall not have the risk. Yet we do suggest all customers to upgrade the NVRs to latest version to avoid any possible security issue.
- If you have access to your NVR’s menu, go to System setting – System admin – System upgrade, upgrade your NVR to latest version from online.
- If your NVR stays at logo, unplug the Ethernet cable and you are able to enter the system menu.If your NVR stays at logo, unplug the Ethernet cable and you are able to enter the system menu.
- Check your NVR’s model # on the bottom label. Download firmware 126.96.36.199 from, https://www.xmarto.com/downloads
- Copy the firmware to a USB flash drive and upgrade your NVR locally. Here is how to, https://www.xmarto.com/helpcenter/index.php?action=artikel&cat=1&id=2&artlang=en
- If you unable to enter the NVR’s menu. Please contact email@example.com for an system restore solution.
In the meanwhile, we suggest all customers to set an admin password and keep record of the password.
XMARTO Home Security