The xmartO wireless camera system features video motion detection. The motion detection can trigger either an email alert, or the built-in buzzer in the NVR.
Whether you want to set motion detection to trigger buzzer, or email alert, we suggest you to select buzzer during the settings so you have real time responses/ indications.
1.Click right button on mouse --> go to System Setup --> Record Setup --> Video detection, you shall find the options.
2. Select the channel you want to edit, select the Buzzer, then click Area edit.
Tips: Please mind the channel #. You can only setup one channel’s motion detection at a time. The NVR has one buzzer only so if you missed the settings of any channel, it could trigger the only buzzer/ email alert.
3. Entering the Area edit you should see page as below picture. The blue area is the area that the camera is detecting. So the system detects full picture by default.
Click right button you can clear all detected area. (Transparent with no color)
Detects full picture
Does not detect anything in the picture
4. Click left button and drag to choose area you want the camera to detect. For areas you want to exempt, leave them transparent with no color.
Tips: After selecting areas, you MUST click right button to Return – Apply the settings; or else it won’t be saved. The settings COULD TAKE SOME SECONDS TO TAKE EFFECT.
5. Test if settings are saved. After settings saved, waving hand at a distance may not trigger the buzzer. This is normal because the system’s algorithm is designed to avoid false alert. Waving hand near the camera’s lens, or walk into the detection area should trigger the buzzer; which means your area motion detection settings succeed.
6. Save and exit the video detection.
Unselect the buzzer if you don’t want it to disturb.
Select the Email Notice if you want to receive email alerts when motion detected
Video detection is only an email alert trigger, finishing this setting does not mean it would send you emails if your email settings are not done.
Please refer to below guide about email settings,
More support articles please refer to xmartO help center,
If you have further questions, please contact us at,