To get your NVR record, you need to confirm below first:
1. A hard drive is installed in the NVR
2. The hard drive is formatted
You can check the hard drive status and format your hard drive here:
Right click your NVR mouse, then click System setting – General setting – HDD setting. It will show the HDD information and status. If it shows “Unformatted”, select the hard drive and click Format.
Once hard drive is formatted, NVR will start recording automatically.
NVR is set to record 24/7 continuously in default.
2. Recording Mode
xmartO system supports multiple recording modes, including manual, time-schedule and motion detection recording. You can choose any of the recording mode or a combination of multiple recording modes.
3. Instructions of How-to Setup Record Mode
3.1 Manual Record
Manual record allows you to turn on/off recording quickly with a click of this shortcut key.
Here is how:
1. Right click your mouse to pop out NVR main menu, choose “Manual record”.
2. Select the channels you want to record.
Click “All ON” if you want all channels to start recording.
And click “All OFF” if you want all channels to stop recording.
3. Click “OK” to save the settings.
Note: Manual recording has the highest priority, which means once manual recording is ON, NVR will record 24/7, even though you set the motion recording at the same time.
3.2 Time-Scheduled Recording
It allows you to set the NVR to record 24/7 continuously or record in specified time periods.
Here is how:
Right click your mouse to pop out NVR main menu, choose System setting >
Record setting > Record Plan. You'll see below interface:
Note: This is NVR default record setting, it means the NVR will record 24/7 continuously.
Follow below instructions to set up time-scheduled recording:
1. Click “Reset” button at the bottom to clear all current settings. All boxes will become blank then.
2. Click “Time” on upper to choose this recording mode, then click on the boxes in each day’s first line to choose the time you want to record. The selected boxes will turn to red once you click on them. You can click on a box and drag with your mouse to select multiple boxes.
3. Click “Apply” or “OK” to save the settings.
1. The first line of each day refers to time-scheduled recording, the second line of each day refers to motion recording, and the third line of each day refers to Alarm recording.
2. Alarm recording needs external sensors and alarms to work with, xmartO systems do not come with external sensors and alarms, thus this recording method does not work for xmartO systems.
3.3 Motion Detection Recording
It allows the NVR to record only when motion is detected.
Here is how:
1. Right click your mouse to pop out NVR main menu, choose System setting > Record setting > Record Plan.
2. Click “Reset” button at the bottom to clear all current settings. All boxes will become blank then.
3. Click “Motion” on upper to choose this recording mode, then click on the boxes in each day’s second line to choose the time you want to record on motion detection. The selected boxes will turn to green once you click on them. You can click on a box and drag with your mouse to select multiple boxes.
4. Click “Apply” or “OK” to save the settings.
3.4 Recording Mode Combination Setup
You can set up only one recording mode for your NVR, or combine time-scheduled recording and motion detection recording. It’s all up to you. Examples are as below:
4. Introduction of the Recording Icons
There are three types of recording icons that will appear on your monitor, telling you which recording mode it is.
The red dot refers to Manual Recording.
The clock refers to Time-Scheduled Recording.
The yellow running man refers to Motion Recording.
The small recording icons will appear on each channel’s top right corner.
5. “Copy to” Function
“Copy to” allows you to copy settings of current channel to other channels or all channels. Then you only need to do the settings once, without needing to do it multiple times, which saves your time.
After you finish settings of default channel 1, click “Copy to”, then choose the channels you want to copy settings to and click OK to save.