What information do we collect?
- Generally. We may collect information, including personal information, from you when you register on our Site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, communicate with us or our customer service team, or use our Equipment, Sites or Service. Personal information includes personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address, e-mail address, phone or other contact information and information about your service subscription and payment information. When ordering or registering on our Sites, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our Sites without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information about yourself.
- Mobile Apps. We also may collect information, including personal information through our Software. Information collected includes your name, encrypted password, phone number, email address, IP address, geographic location, and environmental data (temperature and humidity) from your xmartO security system, and any encrypted video clips that you want to record. You authorize us and trusted third party service providers we work with to host and store such environmental data and video clips for the purpose of providing you the Service. All information collected from our Software is also encrypted, and transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Your password and recorded video clips are encrypted on your mobile device using a one-way encryption algorithm prior to collection. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Video clips may be viewed only from a device that is authorized to access those video clips. We will not make your video clips that are transmitted through the Service publicly available.
- Commerce Information. We may occasionally offer you the ability to make a transaction or participate in a promotion or survey and you may elect to provide Commerce Information in connection with such offers. “Commerce Information” means information that enables a commerce partner to fulfill your order or your request to participate in a promotion or survey, which may include personal information (such as name and shipping address), demographic information (such as zip code, or age range), or attitudinal information. Participation in surveys or contests is completely voluntary.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. xmartO also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the Sites and Service.
What do we use your personal information for?
Any of the personal information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our websites, products and services. We continually strive to improve our websites, products and services and may use the information and feedback we receive from you to analyze usage trends, and improve our websites, products and services.
- To improve our customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails and alerts. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. We may also use the information you provide to send you alerts and notifications that you are signed up to receive through the Service.
- Special Offers. If you provide Commerce Information in order to take advantage of a special offer or to purchase products and services from xmartO, or third party advertisers or promoters, xmartO may communicate your relevant Commerce Information and your interest in a specific offer or transaction to the commerce partner making the sale or sponsoring the promotion. In addition to fulfilling your request, that commerce partner may also use your Commerce Information to send you other information in which you might be interested consistent with its own privacy policies.
Your Personal Information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.
How do we process and store your personal information?
We have an international presence, and you agree that to facilitate the use or functioning of our services, your personal information may be processed or stored in Canada and the United States of America. While your personal information is processed and stored outside of Canada in the United States of America, you agree that it will be subject to the laws of the United States of America, including legislation, regulations and the orders of any courts or other lawful authorities, including lawful orders for disclosure. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or a country that restricts data transfers outside of that jurisdiction or region without your consent, you consent to your personal information being transferred outside of the European Economic Area or your country for processing or storage by or on behalf of us.
We retain your personal information only as long as necessary to facilitate the use of our products and services. When your cancel your subscription to our services, we will take steps to have your personal information deleted and erased.
How do we protect your personal information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database, only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive or to the memory of your mobile device through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the websites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. We may also use other technologies such as clear gifs, pixel tags, and scanning navigational data to collect anonymous information about our users in order to help us deliver better service and user experience. Examples of anonymous information include the Sites you were on before coming to xmartO, IP addresses, or areas of the Sites being clicked on most frequently.
Most Web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
xmartO may be requested or required by law to disclose personal information to proper law enforcement authorities, even though you might have requested that we do not share such personal information. This information may be necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone who may attempt to cause injury to another’s rights or property. We may also release your personal information when we believe the release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information or information that has been rendered anonymous may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Additionally, any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Sites, such as comments or feedback you post to the Sites, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
Collection of Information by Third-Parties
We may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties and xmartO does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
xmartO may permit third party analytics providers, such Google Analytics and Crashalytics, to use technologies such as web beacons and cookies to collect and process certain non-personally identifiable information that helps us understand your usage of our Sites and Service. For example, Google Analytics may collect and process information such as how often users visit the Site and Services, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other websites they used prior to coming to this Site. For information on how Google Analytics uses and processes data, you should review “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ websites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Crashalytics may collect and process information relating to performance of the Service, including, without limitation, device state information at the time of a crash, unique device identifiers and information relating to the physical location of a device at the time of a crash for the purpose of obtaining information about errors and bugs and allowing us to communicate with users about errors and bugs.
The Sites or Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third party websites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Sites or Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party websites or services to which links or access are provided through the Sites or Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
We will try to ensure that information about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, please inform us of any change of name, address or other information. In the event you have questions about the accuracy of factual information we have collected about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Sites and Service are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Sites or Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Sites or Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Sites or Service, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.